Monday, September 18, 2006

Apathy

Have you ever met someone who was apathetic.

Or worse, have you ever felt that way yourself?

The definition of apathy in the Scientology glossary is:

"A complete withdrawal from person or people. There is no real attempt to contact oneself and no attempt to contact others. A very docile and obedient, if sick, state of not-beingness. It is near death or an imitation of death. For example, a person in apathy would say, 'What’s the use? All is lost.'"

I had a friend in college who was like that. No matter what the subject, she was certain that it wasn't worth trying -- she'd never make it, no one would listen to her, she wouldn't make friends there, she wouldn't be able to pass the course... and on and on.

She didn't have many friends, because no one could bear to be around her.

And everything she tried turned to ruin.

I was very frustrated at the time because I really liked her and I simply couldn't help her.

Ultimately, I gave up. And now I can't ever remember her name. But I certainly remember her.

Now, if I were to see her and she were still apathetic, I'd know that the best thing I could do would be to give her Self Analsysis auditing to help her raise her emotional tone level and then I'd follow it up with Dianetics auditing to get to the root of what caused her to utterly lose her self esteem.

It is actually remarkable what Scientology and Dianetics auditing can do.

No comments: