Saturday, September 08, 2007

Feeling Grumpy?

Ever feel grumpy for no good reason?

I used to have a friend who was just not worth talking to before 10:30 in the morning. In fact I learned that if I wanted to avoid a nasty fight it was best to pretend I didn't know her until noon. When I forgot to carry that out I was always sorry.

It wasn't till I read Dianetics that I finally understood what was going on with her. It's really simple, actually. But you have to read the book to get it. (And, by the way, for anyone who read the book before wait till you read the new edition, released last month by David Miscavige as part of the Scientology Basics. It's SO much easier to read with the way they have typeset and presented it. And the glossary is fabulous).

I see people getting into fights sometimes and wonder what my life would be like without having read this book. It's such a relief to understand simple things like that. Makes me feel so much more stable.

The primary step in resolving the broad activities of man could be considered to be the resolving of the activities of the mind itself.— L. Ron Hubbard -- Scientology founder

No comments: