Friday, August 17, 2007

Dianetics and Scientology books and taped lectures. WOW, What an Experience!

I just finished reading the newly released version of Dianetics: the Modern Science of Mental Health today. What a read!

To describe L. Ron Hubbard as a genius is such an understatement. How he broke through the built-in protective mechanisms of the reactive mind to come up with this technology is an adventure story in itself (that's covered in Dianetics: the Evolution of a Science, which is a great read too!)

I learned so much about myself, I hardly know where to start.

It's funny, but as I read along I found myself feeling better and better about myself, and understanding why people react the way they do, recognizing patterns in my own life and in the lives of some of my closest friends, my sisters and my folks.

I started right on the next book (Science of Survival) and found, to my surprise, L. Ron Hubbard was still talking about Dianetics in that book! I hadn't realized it was a Dianetics book too.

I have to say that when I saw the event where David Miscavige released these books and taped lectures I was impressed, but now that I've started studying the materials I can really see why Mr. Miscavige was so excited about what has been done to restore these!

The primary step in resolving the broad activities of man could be considered to be the resolving of the activities of the mind itself.— L. Ron Hubbard -- Founder of the Scientology religion

No comments: