Thursday, August 23, 2007

Law of Affinity

Here's one of my favorite quotes from Dianetics: the Modern Science of Mental Health.

"Man must be in affinity with Man to survive."

May sound idealistic, but it is nonetheless true. It is also a commentary on the human condition in an abberrated state (a state characterized by departure from rationality). But do you have any idea how many wars are being carried on even as I write and you read this posting?

Goes back to the reason I say Dianetics is so important, and another of my favorite quotes from this book

"Man's primary fight is not with Man: that is insanity. Man's primary fight is with those elements which oppress him as a species and bar his thrust toward high goals."

As I read these books I am once more (and continually) reminded of what a genius L. Ron Hubbard is. (and, by the way, this is the nicest book I've owned. This new edition released by David Miscavige in July along with copies of all the basic Scientology and Dianetics books and lectures from 1948 through 1956, is a delight to read!)

The primary step in resolving the broad activities of man could be considered to be the resolving of the activities of the mind itself.— L. Ron Hubbard -- Scientology Founder.

No comments: