Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Those "helpful" voices in your head are a hidden menace

"I know I can't do this," or "He couldn't be interested in someone like me," or "Damn it, what's wrong with me? Why did I say that," and even worse "I know I'll never get over this," "I'm such a dumb f**k".... Sound too familiar?

Even if you never hear this kind of thing rattling around your head, and you just sometimes think out loud or talk to yourself when you're in a tight spot, you might be surprised to find out that these "helpful" voices are actually a hidden menace too, cutting down your own drive and intelligence.

On page 107 of the new edition of Dianetics: the Modern Science of Mental Health, (released in late June/early July by David Miscavige ) L. Ron Hubbard explains how these mental "circuits" are set up and how they parasite off your own native horsepower.


The primary step in resolving the broad activities of man could be considered to be the resolving of the activities of the mind itself.— L. Ron Hubbard
-- Scientology Founder

No comments: